Catalyst invests in businesses with an enterprise value of between $A30 million and $A150 million. Investments are made across all industry sectors in Australia and New Zealand, with a focus on established businesses.
||The team’s investment philosophy is focussed on eight core principles:
1. High quality management;
2. Market leadership;
3. Consistent cash generation;
4. Organic growth potential;
5. Alignment of interest between managers and Catalyst;
6. Control stakes;
7. Prudent use of leverage; and
8. Active investment management.
Catalyst does not invest in early stage or start-up transactions and will generally not invest in transactions where property valuation risk, or the price of natural resources or other commodities, will be a major determinant of success.